- I forgot to list a credit card debt in my bankruptcy. Do I still owe the bill?
- Pre-Bankruptcy Credit Card Charges: Can You Discharge Them?
- Does Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Remove Credit Card Debt?
- How Late Payments Affect Your Credit Score
- Can I buy a new TV with my credit card before filing for bankruptcy?
Talk to a Bankruptcy Lawyer
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
Many people cite credit card debt as the main reason for filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. In Chapter 7 bankruptcy, credit card debt is usually discharged (wiped out). But there are a few situations when it is not discharged. In Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, credit card debt (like all nonpriority, unsecured debt) is paid off in part through the repayment plan.