- What Happens to Your Timeshare and Timeshare Debt in Bankruptcy?
- Can I pay my dentist bill while my Chapter 7 bankruptcy is pending?
- Can I Wipe Out Government Fines in Bankruptcy?
- Are Unsecured, Nonpriority Debts (Schedule F Claims) Discharged in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
- What Happens to Debts I Incur After Filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
Talk to a Bankruptcy Lawyer
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
Most people file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in order to wipe out their debts. While many debtors will be able to disharge most or all of their debt, it's important to understand that some debts won't be erased in bankruptcy.
In addition, if one or more of your debts is secured by property, you may be able to get the debt wiped out, but the underlying lien will remain. Which means if you stop paying after the bankruptcy, the lender can repossess your property.
Here you'll find answers to your questions about how debt is treated in Chapter 7 bankruptcy