- How to Get Bankruptcy Credit Counseling If You Don’t Speak English
- Bankruptcy Credit Counseling - Do I have To Repeat It?
- The Debtor Education Course Requirement in Bankruptcy
- Exceptions to Bankruptcy's Credit Counseling and Debtor Education Requirements
- What Happens During Pre-Bankruptcy Credit Counseling?
Talk to a Bankruptcy Lawyer
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
When you file for bankruptcy, you must complete a credit counseling session with an agency approved by the United States Trustee's office. And before you get a discharged, you must take a separate debtor education course. With a few exceptions, everyone must complete these requirements in order to get bankruptcy relief. Below you can learn about what is involved for each requirement, when you must get the education, and whether you might quallify for an exception.